Running And Staying In Shape
When it comes to wanting to be in shape, have better physical endurance or lose weight, we tend to think that one of the best methods is to run.
Perhaps it is because we see many people who run regularly and have a good physical condition, it is also very common to see in the movies, when the protagonist wants to be in better shape the first thing they do is go out to run.
Well, this is a big mistake, The reality is that most people who start to run should not do it, first of all you have to bear in mind that you have to have a good technique because if you step incorrectly the risk of having an injury is quite large and another very important factor is that many of the people who start in the Running are overweight, which increases the impact on the joints of the knee and ankles, in addition, if you have not run for a long time, the flexibility and range of joint mobility will be reduced which can also lead to injury, we must change the way of thinking in this sense because you do not have to run to be in shape if not quite the opposite, you have to be fit to run.
When running, it is normal to feel tired and with pain in the legs the next day, but we should not confuse a muscle pain for the exercise (Agujetas) muscle pain for tearing or joint pain, if you start to run your knees hurt you should stop immediately.
No matter how much we want to run, we have to take into account other factors that can limit us when we start in any sport, mainly our body weight and the time we have been inactive.
If we want to start running we recommend the following:
- Improve flexibility and joint mobility, performing dynamic stretching daily.
- Before learning to run you have to learn to walk, in other words, in the case of a sedentary or overweight person, we can not pretend to start running today if we have been inactive for a long time in our lives or most of the day we are sitting, it is best to start with walks of 20 to 30 minutes daily and increase the time and speed with which you walk, to adapt.
- We don’t necessarily have to start running to be in better physical condition, we can also start with a bicycle.
- When we begin to acquire better physical condition, we can add intensity by climbing stairs (walking).
- Doing exercises to strengthen the muscles of the legs such as squats is a great option as long as it is done with a proper technique.
- Last but not least, choose a good shoe because if we are going to run or make long walks we must be comfortable and with a pair of shoes made for sport.
- With these points in mind you can start running with a good foundation and we will reduce the risk of injury, I hope this information is to your liking.